Thursday, November 10, 2011

All kinds of stuff






There's a saying that Kimball and Koria picked up from their preschool teachers their first year in preschool that goes, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." That would be an appropriate title for our blog in general. I apologize for another mass entry, but it's our blog's means of survival these days.
So here's a few pictures taken over the last couple of weeks. At the top we have Koria and Kimball trying to fix a mess they made with identification pictures that the School for the Blind gave us. Koria decided to take all of the alphabetized pictures and dump them on the table. I told them that I thought it would be a good educational experience in many ways for them to reorganized them. After about one hour of trying and a lot more fit-throwing, I grabbed them all and put them back in their box - highly unorganized. Whatever. At least the bawling stopped. So much for education and discipline.
The next picture is one of Koria's attempts to gain another sister. She dressed Luke up in a princess costume on night when the kids were creating outfits. Jared was not here to defend his boy, and this is what Luke looks like in pink, for all interested. We texted him a picture while he was out of town in SLC for business and he threatened to come home!
After that, Luke and Layne are pictured with my Touchpad, not to be confused with an I-pad. Layne's therapists have started using their i-pads with some great apps for Layne to interact with. She and Luke were enjoying an app on mine that lets them draw with light shapes, accompanied by music. I only get the free ones, but they love them. Layne became very upset when she accidentally turned it off or I took it away. Don't mess with two-year-olds and technology!
The last two pics are of the girls in the kitchen during one of Layne's therapy appointments. Two of her therapists showed up one day with a bunch of pumpkins, a black plastic table cloth, and carving tools so that we could carve pumpkins together as a family and see how Layne reacted to the touch of the pumpkin innards. She did great. The floor however? Well, considering that I had finally taken the time to do a full mopping of it the night before, it was better than I had hoped for. Jared and the kids ended up having the day off of school also, so it turned into a great appointment for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Luke - you will have to get even with Koria someday.

    Layne - keep up the good work - you are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sisters and I used to dress Tim up. We never dared with the twins. Uncle Lyle had an operation on his shoulder this week. We went in to see him at the Rexburg Hosp. and I could hardly walk out as my knee sharted to give me a lot of pain.
    Layne you look like you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete