Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Jared's business trip to Monument Valley






Sorry I'm behind. I will do some catching up. The day after we returned from Nicole's baptism, Jared had to head south to the Four Corners area for a business conference. While he and other business administrators were there for a few days, the Blanding school district made arrangement for them to all travel to Monument Valley. I'm sure that you have seen it in at least one western. Here's just a few pictures from his trip. He drove home through a route crossing over an extremely high bridge that passes over Lake Powell. Some of the water scenes are from when he walked across this bridge on foot. He had to drive over a steep, winding series of switchbacks (he managed to take a picture of himself at the top) to get to the bridge through. He said that there were not many others he passed on his drive back home, but he did see a coyote ... more on coyotes to come.

2 comments:

  1. Guess my question is answered then. Jared got some great pictures. Yes I think I have seen some of those sceens in a few westerns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Jared - looks like a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete