Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween ... at least the morning of






Since I've married Jared, Halloween has taken on a whole new meaning and level of celebration. I have to say that I really look forward to it, due to his love and enthusiasm for it. The kid in him comes out on October 31st each year.
Our children, therefore, have inherited a great love for the holiday as well. Here's a few picture of K&K in their "school Halloween costumes." I told them that they could be whatever they wanted to for their school party as long as they all dressed up as the Scooby-Doo gang for Halloween night. They were more than excited about the idea.
Koria went as a witch, Kimball as "Luke Skywalker dressed up as a storm trooper." How clever am I? We have a Darth Vader costume (last year's outfit), a Bobba Feta suit, and a storm trooper, but no Luke Skywalker. I convinced Kimball that he could be the storm trooper because "really, it will be just like when Luke Skywalker was dressed up in disguise to save Princess Leia in "A New Hope." Worked like magic.
As part of their festivities in school, they both had a chance to march around town with all of the other elementary students on a "Halloween walk." We went down to Jared's office to see them and help the school district staff pass out treats to the kids as they all walked by. It was fun to see them. Koria somehow managed to lose her hat, tangle a mat of leaves in her wig, and rub off all of her makeup in a three-hour time period. Kimball managed to jump into the car afterward and open a can of soda pop, dump it all over the back seat in the car, and flood his treat bag (packed with candy) with Orange soda. I rushed the kids home, shoveled some cereal into all 4 of them, scrubbed the car out and sorted through gooey candy, then did a costume change on K&K and dressed Luke and Layne as Shaggy and Velma ... in about an hour's time. I about lost my voice from yelling so hard at them amid the frenzy, which suited my makeshift pirate costume well (they told me I had to dress as a villian from one of the Scooby shows and that was my best effort with only a few minutes of prep time).
We headed to the trunk-or-treat as soon as Jared got home from work, followed by trick-or-treating around town for a while. I am happy to say that I survived it all ... and so did they.

2 comments:

  1. Koria - you look so mean - I was scared of your witches costume - way to be spooky!

    Kimball - I knew it was Luke all the time - you didn't have me fooled at all. I am glad you got to be Luke Skywalker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koria are you a good witch or a bad one. You have a scary look on your face.

    Kimball you look so much taller than your sister. I'm glad you kids had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete