Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dahlia and Slip-n-Slides

Here's a picture of some of our Dahlias that we planted this summer. This white one is as big as my hand. I took this picture just hours before a massive hail storm hit on Monday. More to come on that. Glad I did, as it does not look the same now.

And some of the purple ones ...

Kimball and Koria hanging out in Layne and Luke's new splash pool. They thought they were funny.

And their new slip-n-slide, that actually is more like a slide into a pool. It's been great for entertainment as I work in the yard. I didn't get sunscreen on them soon enough though on Tuesday, so they are both fried now. Koria can hardly move. She's a fantastic shade of red.


We had a dramatic thunder/lightning storm early on Monday morning that made the power go out. It rained so much that I could not work in the garden. I managed to get the lawn mowed, despite the pools of water.

2 comments:

  1. The slip and slide looks fun - I'm glad it survived the big storm. I'm also glad you took pictures of the flowers before the storm - they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers were so beautiful. Sorry they got plastered with hail. The kids looked like they were having a great time.

    ReplyDelete