Thursday, August 18, 2011

Zucchini bread and other stuff






Jared went home teaching on Sunday after his meetings and received the yearly offering of zucchini from one of the families that he goes to. The only thing that we like it for is bread, so I made 6 loaves of it on Tuesday morning, then followed it up with transplanting my purple butterfly plant into 6 different containers. After that, I picked the garden in mud. We actually still had quite a few tomatoes that were spared, and I picked what I could of the rest. Maybe it's not such a bad thing that the beans are about destroyed. It's been hard to keep up! We enjoyed the bread and the veggies that night. We literally have buckets of cherry tomatoes, and the others are doing well too. I shared some of the bread with a woman that I go visiting teaching too who just had a birthday, and some with my partner who also just had a birthday. It was good to visit them for a few minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Destroyed beans sound good to me . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like zucchini bread. We haven't had any for quite awhile. You have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete