Thursday, September 22, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten



Here's a couple pictures of Koria andKimball on their first day of Kindergarten. Their teacher is Mrs. Mills and they go to school from 8:15 to 11:15, every day but Wednesday. On Wednesdays, they only go from 8:15 to 9:45 and I also go with them from 8 to 9 to help in their classroom. I cried the first couple of days of school. Just seems like they are growing up too fast on me. I think I'm more worried about all the things that they will be exposed to out in the world, but I'm reminded of a Father in Heaven who knowingly, lovingly, and encouragingly sent us to this world so that we could learn, "through our own experience" to become like Him.
Reminds me of Proverbs 3:5-6, which reads, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart. Lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths."
I have often prayed that God would take my life in His hand to make more out of it than I could myself. I do not doubt His love for me, or that He knows the end from the beginning. That is one of the greatest comforts to me, to know that despite what I may view as a challenge in my life or a circumstance that has not been ideal or as I would have designed, He has been the architect. One of our Savior's titles is in fact, "the Master Architect." He was a carpenter by trade, after all. The Lord, the Master Builder, molds and shaped, builds and rebuilds, as He sees necessary to make us fit for a kingdom.
And yeah, this is all a bit much to relate when we are speaking about two 5-year-0lds headed out to kindergarten, but it's the beginning, none the less, of a lifetime of hammering and bending that's sometimes rather painful. Thank goodness there's joy, and jelly beans, and recess along the way.
Luke didn't want to let them go. He wanders around the house in search of them, sucking his thumb, and holding his blanket. Then he giggles when they get back in the car for the short ride home. Layne? She's just happy to have some time to herself I think. I'm a mix of the two. As the month has progressed, more of the latter. I like being down to just one set of twins for a couple hours a day. It gives me some time to breath ... at least a bit more slowly. Then 11:15 hits and it's mass chaos again in the Black house.

2 comments:

  1. They are growing up too fast - I can't believe how old they look. I love the Hello Kitty and Star Wars stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so grown up I can't believe it. Time goes by so fast and childhood passes so fast. I know you and Jared are being great parents.

    ReplyDelete