Friday, September 23, 2011

Pinatas, peppers, tomatoes, and you name it






The title is a good summary, although I will elaborate a bit. I made another and canned another batch of tomato sauce last week and we discovered that our garlic is nice and big in the garden as well, so we were able to make the sauce using only veggies from our garden. In some of the other pics, you will see Koria with a mask on and a bee pinata behind her. I was the "Mystery Reader" for their kindergarten class this last Wednesday and I decided to read the first book in the "Skippyjon Jones" series, about a siamese cat who thinks he's a chiuaua and speaks with a spanish accent as he enters his closet where he pretends to be the great sword fighter, El Skippito. He has a gang of imaginary friends, named Los Chimichangos, who would be my friends too, if I lived in his world. He takes on the Great Bumblebeeto (really a bee pinata) with his sword because he's been stealing all of the beans from Los Chimichangos. When he pops his belly, all kinds of beans spew out. I decided to make the Great Bumblebeeto myself, then stuff him with bags of jelly beans for the kids and a couple other treats too. Then I helped them make El Skippito masks out of felt to wear while they attacked the pinata chiuaua style. Sorry about the spelling on chiuaua. It turned out great, and NOTHING beats getting to read a book with a thick Spanish accent. Am I right, or am I right? I highly recommend the book for all of you, and the other books in Skippyjon Jones' adventures. "Lost in Spice" is another great one. Let's see ... what other pics did I put in this entry ... oh yeah, the sunrises have been spectacular the past few weeks. This was just one example.

2 comments:

  1. Magnifico! that was a muy bueno idea! You are marvioso darling - simply marvioso!

    I'll bet you had fun along with all the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra you make everthing so fun. Keep up the good work. It feels good to make tomatoe sauce with only things from your garden. Great!!!

    ReplyDelete