Friday, September 23, 2011

Some more reasons ...

...why I don't keep up on the blog more regularly.

Here's Layne working on her leg muscle strength. She is getting stronger all the time. I usually have to stand or sit by her and force her to use her leg muscles instead of just leaning on the couch. Her beads serve as a good motivator to stand up.

We had a neighbor who just had a baby and the R.S. asked me to take them in a meal. Because we had another neighbor who gave us a couple dozen eggs from their chickens, I made cream puffs for dessert and gave them to a few people. There's a reason that I don't make them very often, and I was reminded of that later on.

This is one of three sinks that I've had to fix a leak in over the past three weeks. This on is the kitchen sink. I was trying to use the garbage disposal when it jammed, and after working with it for a while and trying to unclog it, I realized that tomato peels were the source of the problem ... a little too late. Before I knew it, one of the rings that secures the pipes together burst open under the pressure of the clog, and both water and old veggie peels sprayed everywhere. I had quite a flood to clean up. Then I managed to undo the pipes, clear out the problem, put it all back together, and get dinner to the neighbors when Jared got home from work. Oh well. I needed to clean out under the sink anyway.

Here are both Koria and Kimball in timeout. I really can't remember what they were there for, but I do remember how mad I was. Whatever it was, it must have been serious, because I made them sit on their beds. That only happens when I'm afraid I may cause bodily harm.


It's on nights like this that I often here this quote from the kids, "Mom, I why don't you just take some time to yourself." I think they've picked it up from Jared, who usually pulls out that phrase when he can see that my body and brain can no longer function in tandom. By the way, all of these shots were taken last Monday. FHE was not on patience.

2 comments:

  1. You are truly amazing - I don't know how you keep up to it all. I love the "time-out" shots - I'll bet Koria and Kimball were wishing they didn't have so much time to themselves. You are a great Mom - thanks for teaching them to do what is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great Mom aand I'm glad you are not letting them get away with things they shouldn't. That is how they learn.
    Now I know where to come when I have a clogged sink. My tub tap drips, can you help that?

    ReplyDelete