Sunday, March 11, 2012

Aperture




These three pictures are an example of different aperture settings, measured in f/stops that I am just beginning to play around with. The aperture, or opening in the lens that allows light to come in, can greatly affect a photo's depth of field. I'm playing around and trying to learn how to blur the background when I want in portrait work, etc. It's a lot of fun experimenting. I have a lot to learn, but it's something I'm becoming more and more interested in, so why not? These pictures were all taken at the same place, within a few seconds of each other after I manually adjusted the aperture (or f/stop) on my camera. It depends on the look that you want to achieve for each pictures, but what a difference the background, or lack of it, can play into your portrait. It's interesting, isn't it?

2 comments: