Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pioneer Houses


Jared, MegaMan that he is, surprised me this last week by giving me an early Mother's Day/birthday present. He gave me a brand new Canon E60D digital camera with a great lens and a mountable flash (on the way). He explained that he had been wanting to buy me one for the holidays, then sell my old one plus all the lenses, etc., but when he heard that I was going to take Derek's and Marcie's wedding photos, he decided to get it early. After the sell of all of the old equipment, it will be like a free trade up too, which makes it even that much better!
Since I need to figure out how my new gear works, we went out for a drive on Saturday and found ourselves at some old pioneer cabins that are in a nearby town. A man that Jared knows through work has been restoring them and he had offered to have us bring the kids out so that he could show them around. Coincidentally, I had already spotted them while out scouting possible photo shoot locations a month prior, so it was perfect.
Here's my favorite of the photos that I took with the new camera. It's not even of the houses -- just the belt buckle of the man who restored them. I got a kick out of the man's belt buckle. It's not too often that you see a "Mormon Temple" belt buckle! He didn't know I was taking this shot, which makes it even better.
Thanks, Jared! Don't know how I deserve you ... or the electronic toys you give me!

2 comments:

  1. The way he puts his hand in his pocket and the dirt collected on his pants remind me of my Dad. I love to see a man who works physically and is not afraid of getting a little dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will get great pictures no matter what camera you use! These pictures look great Kendra!

    ReplyDelete