Saturday, March 31, 2012

Glen Canyon Dam





Yeah, we walked across this bad boy on our way down to Phoenix last week for Derek and Marcie's wedding. This is the Glen Canyon Dam, for those who aren't familiar (Steph, I'm sure you are all too aware of what this looks like!) with the area around Lake Powell. Jared, Kimball, Koria and I all stopped here to stretch our legs out a bit on our journey. It was well worth the time it took to walk across it and back and the short trip we made into the visitor's center, although I think it may be a while before the other tourists forget Kimball flashing them as he made his way into the restrooms. How many times do you need to remind a kid to keep his pants on until the door's closed? Public restrooms are always an adventure in this family. Anywoos, here's a few pictures that we took before and during our walk. That's a long way down ......
Thanks again to Jana and Kevin for watching Luke and Layne for us while we were down south! Made the trip much quieter, a lot easier ... but a lot lonelier too. About an hour into the drive, Koria turned to me and said, "I sure miss Luke and Layne. Don't you?" Sure, make me cry, kid! I didn't need that after a sleepless previous night! It was great to get them back with us again on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment