Sunday, March 11, 2012

Boot Cast



Just thought I'd update on how Jared's ankle is doing. As of last week, he is now in a boot cast that he takes off (a bit more than he should, but I don't blame him) when he sleeps, showers, and when he feels like he wants a break. He has started putting weight on his ankle, which is very painful still, but he is making progress. The swelling is starting to work it's way up his leg again, which he hopes is a good sign of increased circulation. When it gets too painful, he uses his crutches, but he's been trying to stick to walking whenever possible.
I guess I could sum it all up by saying two things:
1) He's a man ... and 2) He's stubborn.
Do I need to explain more? For example, notice him pushing multiple kids at a time on the swings. I will refer to numbers 1 and 2 again. And yes, I realize that the fact I listed both numbers as an explanation is redundant. One implies the other. That being said, he's a good man and father. We are all excited he is doing as well as he is.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it starts getting better Jared - good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it heals up as soon as possible. Ya, Jared, men are stubborn, but I will have to admit women are also.

    ReplyDelete