Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pretzel Light Sabers




Jump back to the middle of March, say around the 16th ... Kimball and Koria's 6th birthdays, to be exact! This year for their treat for school, they let me know a week or two in advance that I couldn't just take cupcakes for their treat.
"Everybody does that, and who really likes cupcakes anyway?"
I had to agree. I've never been a fan of cake, mini or otherwise, so I came up with a fun idea that would please us all and our taste buds too. Since my two older kids are Star Wars nuts, I suggested that we make "light sabers," a.k.a. giant pretzel rods dipped in chocolate and a variety of sprinkles and candies. Worked out great. They had a lot of fun helping me make them and the kids thought that they were a great break from the boring cupcake fest that tends to hallmark elementary school kids' birthdays. Wish we still had some!

No comments:

Post a Comment