Monday, June 6, 2011

More of our yard






Just some more scenes from the yard that we have been working hard to enjoy. I also planted a bunch of annuals in our planters this year. It seems like every time I have tried in the past, the desert sun scorches them to death, but I've given Kimball and Koria the assignment of watering them twice daily this summer. They love it. Makes us all happy. I'm hoping for the best...
More pics of the hollyhocks from you, Mom and Dad. Many of them are coming to head. I'll be excited to see them bloom and bring some more color to the yard.
Our May Night Salvias are also blooming right now. Love 'em.
Took me about four hours to mow our lawn the day after our return from Idaho, last Wednesday. It was pretty thick and wet, but it's really looking good. Some great friends from the ward came by our yard while we were away and mowed down our weed/fence with their tractor too. You can actually see that there's a house here! Love that too.
Layne had orthotic leg braces made for both of her legs on Tuesday also, right after a two-hour appointment with her audiologist in SLC at the Schools for the Deaf and Blind. Her hearing aides are now at a higher level. She did well in the sound testing booth.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Layne did so well with her hearing aids and that she will get braces for her legs. She is such a great little girl - I miss her and all of you. The yards looks great too - you have all worked hard on it. Good luck Koria and Kimball - I hope you keep things watered this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ypur doing so well on your yard. The kids and you will enjoy all that green grass instead of dirt and mud. Layne, I am so glad you are doing well with your hearing aids and we hope you leg braces will help you. I remember when Linds Bates wore braces on her ankles and they really worked for her.

    ReplyDelete