Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Drawings of a Four-Year-Old

I think I reached the point today where I'm ready for K&K to be back at school. I'm one of those rare parents who actually, for the most part, really likes having her kids home for the summer. But today? I felt like hanging a sign on the front window that read, "Sorry, we're closed for the season." Yes, the entertainment factory that I have become has been disabled. This old brain and body need a revamp, a new battery.
Luke and Layne genuinely need some individual help with getting themselves dressed, fed, played with, carried around the house, etc., but the older two were above and beyond needy of my attention today (makes me sound pretty lame for a mom, huh?). When Koria whined for the whateverith time today that I was not doing something with her, I suggested that she draw a picture right by me while I make dinner for the night. Of course, that was not good enough. I had to tell her what to draw. They've been on such a "Star Wars" kick that I suggested that she draw a picture of one of the characters. Naturally, she chose pictures of her favorite, Princess Leia.
When she showed me the pictures, I couldn't help but smile. I love her hair buns. Doesn't get better than that, does it? In fact, that beats any drawing that I've ever done, hands down. Leave it to a four-year-old to show the schooled artist how it's done.
Can't wait to see all the art projects she'll be bringing home from preschool in another week ...


2 comments:

  1. Nice job Koria!

    You have captured the essence of Princess Leia in your drawings. You must have some sort of friendship with her to know how to draw her so well.

    Have you sent her any letters???

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have another budding artist in the family I think.
    Great drawings Koria. I love the buns also. You are styling!

    ReplyDelete