Sunday, October 17, 2010

Painting the Holidays

Last Tuesday, the day before we headed up to Idaho for our Fall Break, I whipped out a set of wooden month-by-month cut-outs that I'd found in a giant package, unpainted, at the D.I. about six months ago. When I saw it, I thought to myself, "For 75 cents and some paint, I'll bet I would have a fun project for the kids to do." Let me tell ya, it's worth more than the cents I paid for it -- at least two bucks worth. Koria and Kimball had a great time painting to their hearts' content. Most of those are covered in at least five layers of paint. They'd paint one, then let it dry, then decide that the previous color scheme just wasn't right. My favorite is the "flying angel" a.k.a. Cupid that is all green. A lot of them started out with a green base coat, per Koria's instuctions. Guess she likes green.
By the way, can you guess which ones I did?

2 comments:

  1. Well, Kendra . . . if I had to guess I would say you did Santa and the bird house . . . not as much green as the rest.

    I wish I could have been there to watch this event - you guys did a great job on them - I know Kimball was already asking about when you get to paint them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkey, flower and Santa are my guesses. They look great kids. your Mom comes up with a lot of fun things for you to do. I hope you thak her. Keep on painting. It could fill in a few hours to redue some of them. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete