Monday, October 25, 2010

Skype from Our Perspective

If you've seen Becky's blog from yesterday, you've seen us through Skype as we talked with her. Jared took off for a business conference in St. George right after church was over, so it was just the kids and I here. Skpye makes for a great way to visit the family and a great way to entertain the kids on Sunday. This is what WE got to see from our perspective.

I also ended up teaching my first Gospel Doctrine lesson yesterday (in this ward) which was on Isaiah 50-53, the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Yeah, there's not too much I felt was appropriate that I could do to make the lesson material more entertaining, so we stuck to the scriptures and some good experiences. I let them all know that although I knew the sisters could handle a wig, I wasn't so sure about the brethren. Maybe next lesson.
Saturday night at about 10:30, Jared's sister Jana called up and asked us if we were getting to do anything fun with our Saturday night. He replied, "Kendra's preparing a gospel doctrine lesson ... on Isaiah ... (brief pause) .... (lots of laughter -- from both ends)."
I didn't think it was funny.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - your computer shot looks much better than mine - not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your lesson was good. Isaiah has always been hard for me to understand. You got a good picture of Becky over Skype. I'll have to have her tell me next time she talks to you.

    ReplyDelete