Sunday, December 12, 2010

Building the Foundation



Jared was blessed to be in the temple up in Logan today with our soon-to-be sister-in-law, Katie, as she received her endowments.
I volunteered to stay at home and watch the kids so that he could go and represent our family, which meant me being extra creative with the projects for the weekend. We had already planned on making a gingerbread house with the kids, and when I went to set up the wall of the house, the instructions made sure to mention that it needed to sit for up to 24 hours before attempting to decorate it. The lack of patience would result in the house caving in on itself. I was tempted to just let the kids go to town anyway, but the better part of me won out.
Instead, I drove the five of us in to Walmart to find some great decorations for our project. We found some great supplies and hope to be able to put the fun stuff on it today. Here's a picture of the "solid foundation upon which we must build."


2 comments:

  1. ou must have a firm foundation. Thats probably where I ent wrong when I had you kids build one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good enough to eat . . . or decorate!

    ReplyDelete