Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sunday, December 5th -- Our 8th Anniversary

Yep.
8 years ago today.
Good thing we managed to celebrate over the weekend, because the Sabbath day of peace and rest was anything but ... Jared had to play the piano for the Spanish Branch, I helped Jana take eight kids (4 of which were six and under) to Sacrament Meeting while Evelyn stayed home with a sick set of one-year-olds, then taught a gospel doctrine lesson.
By the time K&K and I returned home, the rest of our helpers from the weekend had taken off (we can't thank you all enough -- the kids had a great time too) and we found ourselves feeling the effects of some bad food that we must have eaten over the weekend.
Couple that with fasting, and you get a very exhausting day.

In reflection, I have to say that I am so blessed by the events of the last eight years. I'm very grateful to be a "Black Sheep" as Becky likes to remind me.

2 comments:

  1. Black sheep are the coolest kind - we love you guys! Happy anniversary by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a good time for your anniversary. It was so nice of Evelyn and Jana to come and tend the kids while you got away.
    It doesn't hurt to be different. That way you stand out.

    ReplyDelete