Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December!

This, being the first day of December 2010, I decided to post a picture of one of our nativity sets. The kids (including me) tend to focus too much on the gift giving festivities, and not enough on our Savior's birth. Each year I rededicate myself to thinking more of our Him, less of the other, but seem to fall short of my goal. Hopefully, a good mix of the two will work, as the symbolism of Christmas and all of it's decor needs only to be closely examined to realize that Jesus Christ is the center of it all.

This is the view looking out of our front door ...

And I did a little holiday revamping of our blogs for the season. This is actually a picture that I think Dad took back in the 60's of Uncle Larry. I did a little cropping and photoshop magic, and this now makes a great winter painting. I put it as our Blog header too. Hope you like.

3 comments:

  1. Kendra we think it is cool. Dad enjoyed it also. Brings back some meories. Winter is definetly here. Look at the letter I sent on from Bonnie on Russia. Makes our winter look very mild. I love all the nativities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the winter pictures - do you finally have snow then? I love your nativity picture - I want to refocus on Christ this year also. I'm glad I have most of my shopping done and my other stuff done - now I can enjoy the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One suggestion, though - you may want to change the color of your blog title to BLUE - or any color. Or, you could just teach us how to hoc 'em I guess . . .

    ReplyDelete