Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunrise and Snowflakes




This year, I decided to be a little bit creative with our decorations. I took down the drapery that normally hangs over our kitchen windows and constructed some unique hanging snowflakes to hang in their place. I looped a snowflake ornament (which I found at the dollar store last year) around some silver snowflake wired ribbon, then knotted each snowflake into place. After that, I secured each snowflake strand around the drapery rods to allow the ornaments to let the sunlight pass through each one. I happened to catch a glance of them this morning as the sun was coming up. I thought of the beauty of light as it passes through each of us, the light that the Savior gives us. What an inspiring thing, that He is the Light of the world, a priceless gift given for our sake. I love this time of the year, a time to reflect on all the good things He brings.

2 comments:

  1. Your snowflakes are beautiful. Nice idea like my purple amythyst (?) hanging in my diningroom that you gave me. I hear the chines everytime I close or open the drapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We truly are blessed to know the source of light and truth in an otherwise dark and dreary world. I hope we remember Christ in this season of giving - what can we give to Him?

    ReplyDelete