Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kimball and Koria's First Day of Preschool 2010

To quote Kimball quoting Shaggy from Scooby-Doo, "Uh, yikes!" My kids are really growing up too fast. Yesterday marked their entry into their second preschool. I took them a bit too early ( I think we were all anxious) and went to pick them up too early too. Little did I know that I was not supposed to pick them up directly at the door of the preschool, as I found out by first-hand experience. The woman who runs the preschool this year is in our ward. Great lady. VERY structured. I broke up the structure. Inadvertently. When I showed up at the door, she was trying to talk with the kids still, and Koria saw me, exclaiming, "MY MOM'S HERE!" Well, that just threw the soldier line that the teacher was trying to form them all into into a giant uproar. Once they finally marched out of the door, Koria and Kimball break the line formation, some "traditional marching-out-to-their-mommies" line that I was unaware of, and sent kids marching to their own beat. As three and four-year-olds headed around the corner, along with me, the giant mommy who doesn't follow the rules, I see at leat fifteen other women lined up to snap pictures of their little darlings on the eve of their first day of preschool. Bet I made a lovely addition to all their memories of the day, now didn't I? Me, and 17 young children plus a confused teacher to follow.
What can I say? It's been a long month. Already.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys look great for the fisrt day of preschool. I hope you are good for your Mom and your teacher. Kimball & Koria - you guys are getting too big too soon. I love you both!

    Kendra - I think you are doing a great job - those kids needed to march to their own beat that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you two look more like twins than I have ever seen before. You look great.

    I think it is funny that you had to get in the middle of those kids. Guess you are just one big kid. Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Kendra! Most people can say that they remember Henry David Thoreau, but I doubt that too many preschool teachers stand out for any big reason. March to the beat of your own drummer, and when your mommy comes for you - be exuberant! Get out of line once in a while. We can't all be followers. : ) Love you! Love all your children! Keep on keepin' it real!

    ReplyDelete