Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Relief Society Presidency

Here we are, the lovely ladies of the Huntington 5th Ward Relief Society Presidency. Our second counselor, starting at the left, if Floann Wilson, followed by the president, Sharmon Gilbert, and me .... you know me if you're reading this -- the giant who's casting the shadow on the other two, in case you forgot. We've spent a great three-and-a-half years serving together and decided to go out as any dedicated R.S. presidency should, by hosting one last funeral ... that lasted four hours. It truly is a gift to serve though, so that's not a complaint. We're supposedly going to be released tomorrow, although we'll see if this is the week or not. One things for sure, I never imagined that serving with a woman a couple years older than my mom and another the age of my oldest sister would bring me so much friendship and such a strong bond of love. I value those two ladies and the three secretaries we had during our service like none other. They are my sisters here, my adopted family. What a difference they've made in me, in my attitude toward serving in the Relief Society, for my family and future. Thanks, Floann and Sharmon. You're two in a million, and I love ya for it!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being released. It is always good to have a change of pace. It seems like when you get comfortable in a calling then you get changed. Mom & I both have interviews this week . . . we will see what changes await us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Becky said we have been called in on Wednesday night. I love the job I am in right now but I will do what the Lord wants me to do even if my legs kill me. Oh now thats a thought, maybe thats the way of getting out of this old world. Ha Ha It is not going to be that easy I'm thinking!

    ReplyDelete