Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Behold, your King"


We have about seven nativity sets set up around the house. I love them. Every year I try to get at least one more to add to the collection. They range from the kid friendly Little People set to the very fragile. I took a picture of this one today, which happens to be one of my favorites.
If you are familiar with El Grecco and his artwork, you will see some similar characteristics between this nativity and his work. I love the long, exaggerated lines of the figures. Kimball whacked Joseph last year and took out part of his upper torso and staff, but I managed to salvage him the best that I could. This year they are resting on top of the book shelves.
This is one of the reasons that I find justification in decorating for Christmas so early. It is a gift to have on display a portrayal of our Savior, His life, His purity.


2 comments:

  1. Great photo Kendra. I really like to display nativities also - they remind us of the true reason we celebrate Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nativity scenes also. Becky has two of hers at least down stairs. I need to get mine up.

    ReplyDelete