Friday, November 19, 2010

Today, November 19

Today's entry is a bunch of randomness, so I just thought that I'd leave the title open-ended.
Obviously, Layne's teething right now. She's even been trying to take bites out of the tree. I find her throughout the day inching her way over to the green stuff, so today I'm counting that as doing her therapy work. I don't think she's ingested anything yet, although she also has a thing for grass. Maybe she thinks that the tree is a big pile of it standing upright for her tasting pleasure.

I told Kimball and Koria to make their maddest faces possible and this is what they came up with. You should see the crusty that Koria REALLY can give when she's mad. This face is nothing in comparison, although I wonder if this is what they see on my face for part of their day.
We kept ourselves busy dancing to music (mostly Christmas) after dinner. This is what Luke thought of the whole night.
Yep, more teething evidence. That's Jared Reindeer, BTW.
This last pic is of Koria and Kimball having a pretend snowball fight in the house tonight. I came up with the idea after I got tired of playing various other Christmas games that I invented. Kimball let me know that this is his favorite time of the year ... and that it should be everybody elses too, as far as he was concerned. They loved it when I'd get hit in the face with a pretend snowball and have to wipe away madeup slush.
Okay, so I enjoy it as much as the kids do. Part of me will always be a kid.
Just after I had put Luke and Layne to bed and started reading "Peter Pan" to Koria and Kimball (in the traditional English accent of the show) Jared returned home from SLC. Great to have him back. I think the kids are excited for a change of pace tomorrow, meaning someone other than me nagging them all day long to get along with each other.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to know which picture to reply to. Go for the tree Layne, I remember your Mom eating the packages on her first Christmas, and getting into it with her walker.
    Are those the worst faces you caan make, K & K ? It seems like I have seen worse.
    Luke you are a good guy. Love all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snowball fight guys!

    I'll bet Santa would join in if he could. He said he was busy checking kids wishlists and seeing if they were being good - I hope you have been so I can give him a good report!

    ReplyDelete