Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Preschool Program

I'm typing this up one-handed because I'm holding Layne with one arm and keeping Luke away from the keyboard at the same time. That's a disclaimer for any typing errors.
Yesterday morning, K&K had their Thanksgiving Preschool Program, complete with indian dances and songs and hand-made costumes. Here's some of the highlights of the morning itself:
Luke woke up at 5:30 a.m., screaming.
I woke at 5:30 a.m., moaning.
I showered at 5:45 a.m.
I bathed three kids in one tub by 7:00 a.m.
Another one followed around 8:30.
Started four loads of laundry somewhere in there.
Ran two four-year-olds to program practice at 9:00 a.m.
Laid one baby down for a half-hour-nap upon returning.
Got the other baby some medicine for the fever she started running.
Started packing for Thanksgiving travel around 9:15 a.m.
Woke a baby up from a nap to run to preschool program.
Changed two diapers and loaded two babies into car around 9:47 a.m.
Picked up husband from work for program by 9:50 a.m.
Figured out that I'd left the video camera at home by 9:55 a.m.
Figured out that I'd left the memory card for my camera at home in the computer by 9:56 a.m.
Husband ran to his work to get a memory card for camera at 9:57 a.m.
Husband returned around 9:59 a.m.
Preschool program begins at 10:00 a.m.
Figured out that my camera will not read husband's memory card about 10:00 a.m.
Felt like a loser mom .... can't pinpoint the time.
Drove home from preschool program around 10:45 a.m.
Fed two babies some cereal and laid them down for a nap around 10:55 a.m.
Bribed older set of twins into dressing up in costumes and reenacting dances/songs around 11:00 a.m.

(Deep breath)



It was worth it. They did a great job. I love my family.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Kendra!

    You got some great pictures and the kids did a good job. I love my one little, two little, three little, four little Indians - you guys be careful travelling to Panguitch! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a miracle Mom. You little indians look great. I'm glad you dressed up so we could see you. Have a great Thnaksgiving at the Blacks. We will have everyone else here for Thanksgiving. We are so grateful for all we have especially our wonderful family. We love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If ever there was a mom and a wife and a human being who is NOT a loser, it is YOU, Kendra. I'm surprised that you aren't a bigger help to yourself since it's obvious to anyone who knows you that you are always in two (or FOUR! or FIVE!) places at once. Surely you must sometimes run into yourself going out one door or coming in another! And then there's all the time and love and effort you put toward others - like me and Bree - and so many others I'm sure. Oh, if only I could be a "loser" like YOU!

    ReplyDelete