Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black Friday

Since Panguitch sits in the middle of nowhere, Black Friday requires one to test their own sanity and well as dedication to a deal. Jana, Evelyn (my mother-in-law) and I all braved the time and weather and left town around 3:30 a.m. to drive to Cedar City to first hit the Walmart before heading farther south to St. George for some Christmas shopping. We managed to stay awake through "Harry Potter" also, then headed back to Panguitch, arriving home around 8:30 that night. Too bad the world with all of it's technology (which seemed to in short supply that day) has still not provided a way for us to just fly from place to place with our own hover jets. Sure would make traveling a lot easier.
We had a good time talking and laughing along the way ... and yes, Grandma Black can still outshop anyone ... even her daughter and daughter-in-law!

2 comments:

  1. I have never enjoyed shopping. Guess something is wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to get a good deal - I don't like the long lines - online shopping is the way to go if you can get FREE SHIPPING!

    ReplyDelete