Friday, November 19, 2010

My Turkeys

Kor and Kimb bounced out of school yesterday all dressed up as turkeys. I thought they looked great.


Before school, we decided to work on a few art projects that I came up with. Actually, Koria and Kimball asked me if I could draw Becky as a pilgrim for them to color, so I did my best to make Aunt Becky look like she could have blended in with the Diego and Dora indians of last week.
I also drew up a turkey, then taught the kids about different textures and helped them do crayon rubbings onto the turkeys' bodies and feathers. They had fun with it, and believe it or not, I managed to hold Kimball's attention for a while with it. Maybe that was due to the fact that he got to hold a cheese grater, tear the paper covering off of crayons, look for different objects around the house to use .... it was a Thanksgiving miracle.
After a power outage left us in the dark for a couple of hours, the kids requested to eat cereal for dinner. After that, we decided to turn on the Ipod touch, then danced to music while running around the table, guided by flashlights. The babies viewed it all from the comfort of their highchairs. I'm happy to note that Layne didn't vomit at all yesterday either. YEAH!
Jared left from work for meetings early the next morning in SLC by mid-afternoon, so by 6:00 p.m., the kids started asking me when "Dad was coming home because we miss him."
Obviously my coolness is slipping. I can't even win out by drawing a stylish Becky pilgrim. What does it take these days?


2 comments:

  1. The Becky Pilgrim is great Kendra. Who else has an artist for a mother. The best I could do were stick figures so you didn't get your talent from your Mother. I love the turkeys also. Oh did i say turkeys, Kimball and Koria are you turkeys too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm a pilgrim then you guys have to be the turkeys!

    ReplyDelete