Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Bovines

I've been sick for the last couple of weeks with a cold that took a turn for the worse on Saturday. Since that point, my sense of smell has not been so great. Just ask the kids. They've had to let me know when Luke and Layne's diapers are in need of a chage, and that's saying something. Due to feeling like a pinata after the feista, I have not been keeping up in my entries or on taking new pictures, so please forgive the absence of pictures from each of the last few days. Here's a couple from today though, our neighbors to the northeast, the Bovines.
I knew that I was finally starting to feel better when their lovely scent hit me in the field while taking their portraits.
They stink.
Reak.
Intoxicate.
They "could use a change" so to say.
I never have been much of one for the smell of animals, or their leftovers. You should be impressed that I even got close enough to the stench to take these shots at all.
Curse the nose that now functions well enough to smell manure.


I think they could hear my thoughts. What a bunch of bull.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! I hope you get feeling better soon. I know I would rather deal with the lovely smells than the cold. I hate being sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how you hated the smell of cattle or their "s___". I took you kids to a cattle sale and you kept holding your nose and saying "they stink". I hurried and got you out as you were embarrasing me in front of those farmers.

    ReplyDelete