Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Shelf



Those of you who know Jared and I well know that we love the hunt of a good deal, which makes the D.I. one of our favorite hunting grounds. Every now and then when we are in the Provo and SLC area, we will stop in at a few of them in the hopes of finding something new. I picked this shelf up a couple weeks ago when I was in the area and bought it for about $2. I brought it home, yanked off the cheesy lettering that was on it before, then repainted the whole thing to have a matt finish, then sanded down the edges a bit to give it a worn look. Then I hung it on the wall and put our old violin (also a D.I. find from a few years ago) on it, and ...
Wallaaaa! A new wall decoration for 2 bucks. Can't beat the D.I. I love it!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! It looks wonderful. You and Jared are definitely the mega-deal-ultra-clearance shoppers. You are teaching your children well.

    ReplyDelete