Thursday, July 21, 2011

Self-portrait




No, I do not like pictures of myself, or taking them. Today, as her way of thanking me, the woman that I did the before/after Mary Kay Makeover shots for asked if she could come over and do one on me .... uh .... not my thing, but whatever. I agreed. She suggested that I get before and after shots of myself (no thanks again) to celebrate. Jared happens to be in Green River today for work, so it's me and two five-year-olds and two one-year-olds.
That left good ol' me to do it.
I set up the tripod on the back lawn and made an attempt at taking some pics of myself. Nothing makes you look like more of a fool than when your neighbor drives by in a backhoe and you are sitting in the grass with a camera set up taking pictures of yourself. Wow.
Anyway, here are a few of them. The tripod and I did our best. I ended up cutting off my eyes in most of the takes, and the others were a bit blurry, but "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" as a wise preschool teacher told my children. Especially when you are doing it yourself.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful woman! Thanks for sharing with us - you look great without the makeover, though. I love you and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of these are as fun as the hair flip photos from our Alaska trip, though! I am glad the wind was helping you out in these photos - you look like you're on an Herbal Essence commercial.

    ReplyDelete