Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tuesday, May 24

Tuesday. Hmm. Where do we start and where do we stop?
Well, let me just say I don't recommend the stomach flu unless you are into bizarre forms of self-torture and quick weight-loss.
I managed to keep everything down, and Jared managed to make it to the U2 concert that was postponed from a year ago. Is two years worth the wait, travel and exhaustion? He thought so. I was very excited for him to get to go ... just very bothered by the fact that the flu had to hit me the day before, preventing my going with him.
It's all good I guess. I mostly stayed home because I wanted to take care of the sick young ones myself, and for that I am glad. Jared didn't make it back home until 3 a.m.
Kimball and Koria also had their first t-ball game (they're the Pirates) and went with our neighbor who's son is also on the team. Jared's their coach this year, so he asked our neighbor to fill in for him too. The kids said that things went great. Koria took her time deciding that she wanted to play, so we signed her up late and she doesn't have her shirt yet, so I pulled out her one and only yellow shirt and did my best to make a replica of Kimballs with a permanent marker. She didn't seem to mind.
I also forgot to mention that Jared and I moved our swing set to a new location on Saturday. It's not in the midst of weeds (for now). Here's our backyard view. We'll be working on the new island throughout the summer. I think that it would be fun to put in a raised fire pit to roast hotdogs and marshmallows on in during the summer.





This is just a random picture of some cucumber (the tall plants) and walla walla onion starts that we have going in the house right now. I started them last week and we hope to transfer them to the garden after our trip to Idaho for Memorial Day and Jared's birthday.


2 comments:

  1. Gooooooo Pirates!
    I am so glad Koria and Kimball are playing t-ball and that Jared can be their coach. What fun you will all have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy you are going to have a big garden. I hope the bunnies don't eat them all.

    You pirates rock! Hope you enjoy your T ball this summer. That is so great that your Dad is your coach.

    ReplyDelete