Friday, February 4, 2011

"Just gotta get out of this prison cell,"





"One day I'm gonna be free!"
--Queen, From the song, "Somebody to Love"

I thought, hey, if Scott can post pop comments this month, then why not me? Hence, the title and opening line from today's entry.
It was just one of those days that I had to get out of the house. After making up all of the Valentines card for family members, the kids wanted me to start putting together there Valentine's gifts for school. I'm glad that I started a week or so early. It's a big job!
After that was all done, I hauled the kids out to the car, then headed for a nearby park after making a quick stop at Jared's office to drop off a few things. The kids actually talked me into letting them play outside at this park as we were driving by, and since I needed a break from them (and vice versa), I agreed. They didn't seem to care that it was 38 degrees outside. Felt pretty great, actually. The following are a few pictures that I took of them. I used a Seventies action+ boost, on all but one of the shots. Just experimenting.


4 comments:

  1. 38 degrees! You guys are having a heat wave! Just kidding - it looks like the kids had fun. I'm glad you got to let them out for a while - kids love it outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to mention - is your wallpaper actually pistures of your walls in your house? It looks like it to me anyway . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's from the blogger site, but yeah, I see what you are saying. Those could be the walls in Koria's room! The red color and the pic of Kor and Kimb hugging is all in honor or this being pre-Vaentines season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parks are so fun, even in the winter. I like the pictures. You look so cute in a hat Koria.

    ReplyDelete