Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wasting Money on Food ... And Rock Stars

Koria Vi Black
Diva, Extraordinare
Girl After My Own Heart

How do you describe our four-year-old redhead? She's just that hard to define. This morning she explained to me that one of the other preschool girls talked her dad into letting her wear a dress to school yesterday. She asked if she could do the same, and I agreed that she could wear a skirt if she also wore shorts underneath. Koria wasn't too pleased with the shorts idea, but as long as her other demands were okayed, she was willing to comply. She, of course, wanted her favorite hula skirt, paired with her "rocker jacket" and black leather boots. I think she looks great.

Last week while watching me change Luke's diaper, she became quite interested as to where all the mess in his diaper came from. I briefly described how the digestive system works, not thinking much of it, until Monday morning as I was doing her hair for the dinosaur museum field trip. Koria asked if we could go to the museum's store afterward to buy a few treasures. Not wanting to pay for overpriced junk, I explained to her that we would be going out to eat at a mexican restaurant afterward, and a quick trip to the dollar store (for appropriately priced junk that I can handle).
After throwing her hands on her hips in disgust, her response was something like this:
"I'm tired of wasting all this money on food when all it does is go into our mouths and come out as stinkies and wets anyway!"
She's a thinker, that one.

And by the way, she really does come up with all these poses on her own. I know what some of you are thinking .... "Does Jared stand around all afternoon and train her in the arts of modeling?" That's only on the weekends, folks.
I still claim it comes from the hair. IT'S THE HAIR, PEOPLE!
Whatever it is, we love her. Wouldn't be nearly as funny or educational without her in our family. Here's to one rockin' redhead.

2 comments:

  1. You rock Koria! I love your outfit. Your jacket and boots make quite a statement. I think it is th hair also. These redheads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Koria - I think you get it from your Mom & your Dad. I remember Kendra was quite stylish and loved how Punky Brewster dressed back in the 80's. I love the cool poses - you really know how to work the camera girl!

    ReplyDelete