Monday, February 14, 2011

Keni Uses Power Tools

I knew that you would be proud, Dad, so this post goes out to you. Yes, you read the title right. I used power tools on Saturday. I picked up this FHE sign at the D.I. in Provo on Friday. It didn't have any pegs to hang names from, so I headed over to Lowe's and purchased some black drawer handles. Total cost? About nine bucks. Not bad. I had to drill the holes into the wood for the pegs, then used an electric screw driver to screw them in. I worked on it while Jared was at the leadership training, and it's a good thing that he showed up at home when he did. I couldn't figure out where the drill bits were ... or what they looked like. Jared says that I looked like a natural after he helped me find the drill bits. At least I know what they are called, right? Anyway, this sign is a work in progress. I'm working on changing up the appearance a bit, to make it look a bit more rustic -- not so cookie-cutter, if you know what I mean. I'll keep you posted .... get it? Ah-ha! (I've eaten a lot of sugar today)

2 comments:

  1. Great job Kendra - i always knew you had it in you to be Rosie the Rivetor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kendra. You are a woman of many talents.

    ReplyDelete