Monday, February 21, 2011

Koria's New Room

Again, late on Saturday night, Jared and I found ourselves hard at work putting Koria's bedroom back together again. This is what it looked like as of midnight on Saturday. I'm reasoning that these pictures will work for both Saturday and Sunday due to the time that they were taken at.

I thought that this material that Koria picked out for one of her pillows was awesome. The only problem is that now Kimball wants one too, and we only bought enough material for one pillow. Guess we'll have to buy some more.

Jared's amazing skills are shown her in the pillows he created for Kor's bed. I made him teach me how to use the sewing machine, but let's face it, I lack talent when it comes this. The sewing machine is the equivalent of my arch rival. It beats me every time. I'd classify sewing as one of my phobias. This is coming from the woman who somehow broke two sewing machine needles trying to make felt Christmas stocking a couple years ago. And the sewing tsunami? Who can forget my nightmare of a shirt so apply named because of it's overall appearance. Forget it. I'll stick to painting.



On Sunday morning, we heard K&K charge into the room with shouts of approval. We were too tired to get out of bed to see their reaction first-hand. Jared spoke in one of the wards in our stake again for his high council assignment, so I took the kids to church in our ward and tried to contain them in the foyer. Didn't go so well ... the punks! I ended up subbing for Primary again, but this time with three classes to manage during Sharing Time and two to teach during the lesson hour. I prepared the lesson on Sunday morning. It was Koria's and Kimball's class, so between 14 3-5 year-olds, the second half of church was just as exhausting as the first. Jared returned from his speaking assignment to help me out with the lesson.
After church, the young women had their new beginnings program, and they had asked me a week ago to help out with it and decorate a room based on the young women's value for good works. It went well. I'm just glad I didn't have to teach gospel doctrine this week too.
Needless to say, by the end of Sunday, we were worn out. I think it's the paint fumes that got us though the day. They may just carry us through the rest of this week too.


2 comments:

  1. Koria - you are one lucky lady. Your parents must love you a lot. Kendra & Jared you are both amazing - i am very impressed with how well it turned out. You guys could start your own interior design business (like you have the time . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It lokes great. Jared and Kendra, I think you really turned out a nice looking bedroom. Korial you are one lucky girl. Jared, I am amazed at your talents.

    ReplyDelete