Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stroller Repairs

I should have taken a picture of our double stroller before Jared took the padding off of it for a cleaning and to do some repair work. This blue moving machine has been my sanity since Becky gave it to us when Kimball and Koria were born.
We've discovered, though, that it was not meant to support the weight of two foure-year-olds plus two healthy one-year-olds. The seats were ripping under the pressure, so Jared, mega-man that he is, took off the cover, then proceeded to sew up the ripped seams -- with the sewing machine -- then hand-sewed what couldn't be done otherwise. Is my husband amazing or what? I finished up a few spots late last night. We washed it all to clean it up, then Jared reconstructed it this afternoon. It's quite a process, with screws and belts ... but he did a great job. My sanity is back, whole and shiny. Thanks again, so the stroller, Becky. It's wonderful.




2 comments:

  1. That looks as good as new - you are both AMAZING! I am glad the kids and you enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing man you are Jared. I don't think I would tackle such a hard job. It looks as good as new. It has done a lot of kid lifting in its day.

    ReplyDelete