Thursday, January 6, 2011

Connect (4) With Your Children


This morning finds the Black household .... ornery.
Very.
Right after my last post, things took a turn for the worse. Kimball decided to join in on the stomach flu party just as we were leaving for school. Poor kid was wiped out by the end of the day, but not so much that he didn't want me to play some more Connect 4 with him. He'd taken a good nap in the afternoon, so by the time bedtime came, he was ready for some action. After the other three were asleep and Jared was off to school board meeting, Kimball wandered out of his room to explain to me that a game would be just what he needed to overcome his tummy ache. Smart kid. He knows I'm a sucker when he's ill. 12 rounds and one school board meeting later, he decided that his dad could carry him into bed.
To tell you the truth, I think I had as much fun as he did.
This morning on the other hand, the kids seem to think that being sick all week was not enough torture on the Black household, so Koria, Luke and Layne have amped up the whining factor. We'll see if they still survive until Jared returns on Saturday from his UASBO conference in SLC. I don't think we'll be joining him this year.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Kendra - if we can help at all let us know. I would love to skype with you when it's convenient, but no big deal if you don't have the time or energy to do it. I love you all and hope things went better today.

    I will keep putting your names in at the temple on Fridays. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have so many sick ones there and have them all alone. Hope everthing goes okay until Jared gets back.

    Kimball, you sure fit into this family as you love to play games. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete