Monday, January 3, 2011

From whenever the last post was dated until now

That's a clever title, isn't it? Basically, I didn't take the opportunity to take any pics on the days spanning from Dec. 28-yesterday for several reasons:
Traveling
Shopping
Swimming (wish I would have had picture of all the kids AND adults that jumped in and out of the cold pool/hot tub and the diving team)
Packing
Sick, vomiting, sniffling, crying kids
An all-day long drive home (puking applies, yet again)
Unpacking from the trip
Unpacking from Christmas
Luke's two-day late-night partying
Three doctor's appointments
One more sick kid (Koria started vomiting at preschool ... on another student ... while I was at the doctor's office/pharmacy with Luke and Layne -- Jared saved the day by watching Koria and Kimball and picking up Kor after her first-day-back-to-school after the holidays gift came up.)
That being said, I took these shots of Kor and Layne's new doll house yesterday while at home sick from church with Luke and Layne.

Yes, that's Han Solo in carbonite. Every doll house needs one. He's now a feature of the front room.

The overlay of the place.

One of my favorite scenes (which by the way, Koria arranged. She dressed all of the dolls in their "church clothes" as it was Sunday and they were at church). Here Barbie is, picture after her workout. She was exhausted. The other doll just couldn't keep up to the treadmill.

Koria informed me that this was the nursery. Who wouldn't want two Princess Leias as their nursery teachers?

And although I arranged the boys (Chewy hanging out from the ceiling, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Lando Calrisian) on the deck around the outdoor grill, both Koria and Kimball appreciated it. The Barbies above just wanted in on the BBQ.
I found K&K playing later on the day and I should have taken a picture of the house at that point. I overheard Kimball say,
"Let's throw Princess Leia into the Dark Pit of Despair!"
That's when I entered to see Princess Leia tied up and thrown in the corner of the crib, another doll held prisoner in the fridge, one tipped upside down in the bathtub, all of the furniture tipped over and thrown around, and the explanation that "the house was under attack."
Guess that's what a girl gets when she has a twin brother. I have to say, this house plus all of the dolls are the greatest thing to happen to my sanity since bedtime! They fully entertained themselves (without arguing) for the entire day. It's a post-Christmas miracle.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that they played together and had such a fun time. It's great that Koria got a house for all her Star Wars and other dolls. I'm really glad that Kimball likes playing with it too. I am so sorry that Koria is sick also. I hope the rest of you don't get it and I hope that everyone recovers quickly. I think I am coming down with a sore throat and cold but hope it doesn't last long. We miss you all. Our house hasn't been under attack since you left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great doll house. I think of the poor attempt I made of trying to build you kids a doll house. Oh well I hope you had fun. Not near as much fun as Koria and Kimball seem to be having though. I'm glad they like to play together.

    ReplyDelete