Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thursday Afternoon Drive

I had the audacity to confine the kids in the car on Thursday after school so that we could go for a drive in the mountains to the west of our home. After about 20 comments in reference to vomit, I caved in and let them watch a movie. Apparently, they don't like the mountains because "they make them sick. AND they're boring. Who wants to go for a drive in the mountains anyway when all they do is make you sick?" It's a quote, those are not my thoughts. After about the 40th sick-to-the-stomach comment (yes, I counted), we turned around and headed back home. I enjoyed the drive. I brought my I-pod along and popped my headphones in and just enjoyed the scenery. Here are some of the shots that I took that afternoon.





2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures with the water and snow. I think as you grow older, nature means more to you. I love to go outside and look at the beauty around me. I am really glad you got to have a nice break and take the drive . . . you deserved it! There is nothing as calming as nature - maybe that's why we call it mother nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What aa beautiful drive. The mountains always relax me and I love to ride and see the beautiful things in nature. It is very calming to me.

    ReplyDelete