Monday, January 3, 2011

Dec. 22-24th

Evelyn outdid herself this year on the soap/lotion dispenser that she picks up at the Panguitch thrift store for me every year. For those who don't know, she thinks that my lotion addiction is quite funny, but not quite as funny as the joke gifts she finds to feed my needs. I got a chance to open this gem on Christmas Eve morning, as we celebrated Santa coming to our house one night early so that we could make a surprise Christmas Eve arrival in Sugar City.

I made my final preparations on Edward's new Taco Bell outfit for Mariah (private joke). I have to say that this was my favorite gift to give this year. Notice the excellent quotes on the sides of the Taco Bell sauce packets. They completed the look.

One of the best parts of Christmas? New Christmas Eve pajamas, although these are just the Christmas Eve's Eve pjs!

We had to make our special Christmas Eve dinner on Dec. 23rd, due to the sudden change in plans. We decided to be adventurous and made fondue for the first time. The kids were very excited to get to eat dinner "with swords" and asked if they could every night. We explained that swords are only reserved for special occasions. It was fun.

Our neighbors, the Cowley's, invited K&K over to make some graham cracker gingerbread houses on Dec. 22nd. Cathy, our neighbor, commented, "I don't think I've ever seen a kids put together a gingerbread house as fast as Kimball did." Yep, that's our Kimball.

2 comments:

  1. What awesome pictures. I really like the one of the 4 kids in front of the Christmas tree. Thanks for posting these so we could share in your joy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful pictures you have of your kids. I wish it would have been that easy to take pictures when you kids were small. I'm sure we misssed a lot of neat pictures. Guess we will just have to use our memories won't we?

    ReplyDelete