Monday, January 31, 2011

"He Annointed Eyes Blind"

This is the print titled, "He Annointed Eyes Blind" by Walter Rane that Jared gave to me for Christmas this year. He said that he searched for hours to try and find a meaningful picture for me. Last year, he gave me another print for Christmas by the same artist, titled, "The Desires of My Heart," a picture of Joseph Smith kneeling in the grove. He won on both accounts. This picture, below, is of the Savior healing a man who is blind, and if you notice, the man is kneeling, clasping his hands together. Jared said that when he saw this painting, he felt that this was the one, that it has a special significance for our family. Layne happens to hold her hands in the same positioning, which helps her gain balance. When I opened it up, I was truly touched by the Spirit and became emotional. I didn't even have to ask Jared his reasoning behind this particular piece of artwork.
Because of it's unique sizing, it needs to be custom framed. We noticed that an art supply store is running a special right now on their custom framing, so we headed up to Provo to get it going. Two weeks from now, we should have it all completed.
Thanks, Jared. You always put such thought into the things you do for me and our whole family. And thanks be to our Savior, who can heal us in all ways. I know that He continues to heal my blindness and weaknesses as well.

3 comments:

  1. What a great gift - I really hope that we can all have the faith to be healed from all our imperfections. I know I have a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture. And yesI can see how Layne holds her hands. Someday we can all be healed if we will repent of our sins and short comings. I fall short in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete