Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pictures from today and the past

Today's post is brought to you today by my random brain, and the consequent thoughts thereof.
This morning I had to run in to Castle Dale to deposit a check at the bank, so I threw in the camera with the kids, then took a few pictures to post along the way. It's a good thing that old looks great, because I'm surrounded by it here in Eastern Utah. I can appreciate a good old piece of whatever when I see it. Here's a few of my favorite scenes from the morning.


The next two pictures are taken, first, with my zoom lense on max zoom, and next, with my regular lense on max zoom. Depends on what you're looking for I guess, but here's a good way to show the pros and cons to different lenses. Those are the smoke stacks from the power plant outside of Castle Dale.


And this picture is actually from last year in mid-January. It's scary to think how much each of the kids has changed and grow in such a short time span. I wish I could just bottle them up and keep them at this age forever.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the kids - they sure have changed a lot. The zoom lens is amazing. I am really glad you got it for Christmas and can spend some time playing around with it. You got some great shots - I like the zoomed in one. The first picture reminds me of Uncle Gordon's place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zoom lens is great. You are really going to enjoy it.
    You have some great old shots. I think they are very interesting.
    It is hard to believe that those youngest two hae changed so much.

    ReplyDelete