Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Real Lego Star Wars

It's a rarity for us to get to spend much one-on-one time with each of our kids, but last night, Jared and I got to be with Kimball for a while after the other three sick siblings had gone to bed for the night. I played the new Connect 4 game that Koria was given by Tyler for Christmas with Kimball. He was thrilled. After about 7 rounds, Jared had him help build a Lego star Wars Land Cruiser that I bought Jared for Christmas. Both of them had a good time doing it. It was really special just to have the night to be with Kimball. He's starting to act a bit sick today, but when I explained that he couldn't play Connect 4 with me if he stayed home from school, he decided that school won out. Hope I don't have to pick up another sick kid in an hour or so!


I know that it's time for me to work on Luke and Layne spoon feeding themselves now, but to tell you the truth, I literally don't have to time. Call it desperation or shear laziness, I decided to just give Luke a spoon and a pudding cup last night as I made dinner. Things started off great (notice the nice, clean picture below) but went south really fast. Before I knew it, Luke had painted his face, body, and high chair in lemon pudding. Could have been worse. At least it wasn't chocolate.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Kimball that looks like a great lego landcruiser that you made. You were so lucky to get mom and dad to yourself. I hope you don't get sick and I hope the rest of you get better soon.

    Luke - I think it's great that you got to feed yourself. If anyone can do it, you can. I hope you get to practices more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KImball I am sorry you got sick today also. Darn it all it is not fair that all of you have been sick. Your parents were great to play one on one with you last night.

    Luke, it doesn't look like you did to badly. Keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jared, the Lego set was for ages 7-12. You have a great wife that will buy you Legos.

    ReplyDelete