Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Field Trip to the Nursery and Smokey Bear

Koria and Kimball had a preschool field trip this morning to meet Smokey The Bear and to a local nursery. I couldn't go, but the same friend that brought the cookies last night took them to it for me with her son who's also in their class. Jared had to use the car to go into Price for a dental appointment. He had a permanent crown put on this morning. The truck is in the shop, so we didn't have any transportation, other than Gma and Gpa Black's four-wheeler which we are borrowing while they're on their mission, and since I'm not quite that hickish, I didn't dare drive two sets of twins across town on it. Paints an awesome picture though, doesn't it?

Anyway, they enjoyed the outing. It took me two hours to convince Kimball to go this morning. He was scared that Smokey the Bear was either going to a) eat him, or b) drag him into the woods to his secret cave lair and THEN eat him. Why did my imagination have to be an inherited quality? When I asked him how it went later, he said, "Koria and I watched the movie about Smokey the Bear and everything, but we wouldn't go up and meet him afterward. You should have seen his eyes, Mom! They were HUGE!!! And did you know that ladybugs eat the bad guys? I like ladybugs now."

They still melt me despite the rough moments. Kimball turned to me tonight before bed and said, "Mom, you're the best mom ever. I don't know what I'd do without you." Then he kissed me on the lips. Don't know what I'd do without them either.

3 comments:

  1. You don't like Smokey the Bear. We have a picture somewhere of Gramps Bates in a Smokey the Bear costume. We will have to find it and show them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe they are afraid of Smokey the Bear and are not afraid of Darth Vador. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's been telling them bedtime stories lately?

    ReplyDelete