Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tuesday, Day of Randomness

So March started out busy as ever, with a long list of things to get done. Monday night, I drove into Price to run errands like getting the tires rotated, pick up a JCPenney order, buy groceries. When we finally had the chance to climb into bed around midnight, Luke decided to wake up and begin wailing. As is the case more often than not, the babies came home sick from our trip to visit family over the weekend. Luke was having a hard time breathing, Layne too. Layne decided to party in her crib while I rocked, and rocked, and rocked Luke. Jared took the 4:30 a.m. shift. We tried to ignore our alarm clocks and the older kids, but a full-time job both at home and at the office prevented either of us sleeping much more.

Our front windshield has been in need of a replacement due to a massive crack down the middle of it for .... roughly two years now. We made it last as long as possible. It was replaced on Tuesday afternoon. I didn't want to look like a stalker, so I took a picture of the process as well as I could through the window. More work on the car was done on Wednesday and Thursday, as our heating/cooling system decided to stop working about three weeks ago, the morning I drove to Provo over a snowy mountain pass. Yep, that's how it goes. Anyway, we hope that there will now be heat in the car. It's always a bonus.

By midmorning, I was pretty exhausted, so I made an exception to the "no t.v. before school" rule in our house. I turned on the tube, put Layne and Luke down for their nap, and told Kor and Kimb that I was going to take a "pet minuti pochivka," or five-minute break, for all you non-Bulgarian speakers out there. It turned into a ten to fifteen minute nap. I awoke to find the t.v. off, and games scattered from one end of the room to the next. Koria and Kimball had pulled out Star Wars Life, one of their favorites, and begun playing it. I didn't hear a thing. Whatever. They announced to Jared later on that I'd slept all morning. Liars. It was only a few minutes. Whatever times two. At least I woke up in time to get them a quick lunch before they had to make it to school.

Being the tightwads that we are, Jared and I decided to get the kids a few souvenirs BEFORE our trip next week at a much cheaper price than we'll find when we get to where we are going. We got online to the company site and found some things for the kids for great prices. We'll just give them to them as part of the trip for their birthday, and a couple things for the babes as well. Never, EVER put wrapped gifts out on the cupboard for your children to notice unless you plan on being tormented by questions as to when you get to open them up. Four days and counting ...
I can only imagine how tired we'll be by this time next week .... more to come on that when we get there.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys had a busy morning - i can't believe - of course they don't want to watch TV when you take a break - I hope things weren't too messy. That's smart about getting the souvenirs ahead of time - you guys think of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do so much each day that I am exhausted just reading about it. Remember to not run faster than you can. I'm glad you got a little cat nap.

    ReplyDelete