Monday, March 21, 2011

Time with the Owen Kids

Jared's under there somewhere. This is when all the one padouins successfully defeated Darth Vader and took him to the ground. We watched the Owen kids through Friday until about four p.m., when I drove them to be with their dad for the weekend. I made them endure speaking with accents the last part of the drive up to Spanish Fork. Now they really know that Aunt Keni's crazy.
I know that you will find this hard to believe, but between taking care of eight small children, one doctor's appointment for Layne, a Relief Society night dinner and repacked for another quick trip, I didn't have time to take a picture on Thursday.

Taeya and Madie wanted me to do their hair before we left to meet their dad for the weekend because, as Taeya so humorously put it, "This hairdo has gotta last through the weekend, cause my dad doesn't do our hair!" They made me promise that I would take a picture of them with their hair all curled, then post it so that their mom could get a glimpse of their hairdos. When I asked Taeya what she wanted me to do with her hair, she replied, "(thoughtful pause)Oh, do whatever you want with it. I'm looking for a new style. I know all about girl's clothes and what's in fashion, but I don't know what's cool to do with your hair." Thanks, my 10 year-old-neice, going on 30.
We had some great conversations, especially on our drive north. After buying some much needed diapers and a few other things, I arrived back home late of Friday night.


2 comments:

  1. It looks like all of the cousins were having a great time together. Thats what cousins are for, right? The cousins here on saturday had a fun time also. Wish you could have been here but at least your kids had fun with their cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures - it looks like you had a fun time together!

    ReplyDelete