Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sunday, March 13






Sunday morning came and with it came a change from daylight savings and an hour change backward on top of that as we headed back home to Utah. We drove for 10 or so hours and made it home to find all .... brown. I have to say though, never underestimate the power of your own bed or a good night's sleep. Both were appreciated upon our return.
Saturday night, Jared volunteered to watch all the kids and get them to bed so that Cook and I could have a girls' night out, all to ourselves. It's been far too long. As always, we enjoyed talking about the serious and the insane, all rolled into one. There are few people that really "get me" like the Cooker does. My kindred spirit. We tried some salmon and spinach enchiladas, and topped off our meal with some frozen yogurt. The waitress had to not-so-subtly ask us to leave our seat at the restaurant so that others could come in. I think we could have stayed there all night. Instead, we talked some more on the drive, parked by the ocean for a while just to listen to the waves and feel the heavy, humid air, then talked some more once we returned home. Catherine, I love ya. Once you figure out how to apperate, we'll be set.
We took a few pictures of us hanging out on her patio before leaving early on Sunday morning.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you both got to spend some good quality time together. I'll bet you both loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Cook you are the greatest. That beach looks like a lot of fun to me. I'm tired of snow. We got some more today. When will it ever stop.

    ReplyDelete