Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday, March something

One of my favorite days on our trip to Cali was last Saturday. We just hung out at Catherine's house and took it easy. We made a run to Trader Joes and picked up some great food, then played our in her backyard, complete with orange tree and lot of beautiful flowers and trees. Best oranges I've ever eaten. Not like the ones we have to endure from the stores. Pure sweetness and juice. We had fun picking some for ourselves to bring home. It was great to sit outside and just let the kids run ... even better to see Cook. Just makes me realize that the most valuable things in life are not things ... they are people, and our relationships with them. Cook, since we met back in the days of crazy homemade wigs and fake accents in Bulgaria, and suffered only what we can fully appreciate as missionaries together (meaning endless rejection and exhaustion), you have been one of the greatest friends I will ever have. SOOOOOO good to see you and spend time with you. Sure do miss you. I see why you love So Cali as you do.







2 comments:

  1. That looks great - I love the one of Luke - there is pure joy on his face. It's hard to believe these pictures were taken in March - everything looks so GREEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to go. It would be so great to pick fruit off the trees and green grass. I can't wait for that.

    ReplyDelete